Sabrina Bandali speaks at the 7th Annual Canadian Forum on Global Economic Sanctions, hosted by The Canadian Institute. She will discuss The Most Pressing Cuba Sanctions Compliance Dilemmas and How to Resolve Them - The Finer Points of Managing U.S. and Canadian Conflicts of Law.
Sabrina will share her insights on the divergence between Canadian and U.S. law – and how to address conflicts of law. She will be joined by a U.S. international trade lawyer and topics will include:
- The applications of Canada’s Blocking Order
- Mitigating the risk of dealings with sanctioned Cuban parties/entities
- Examining the implications of current blocking statutes for your organization
- Leveraging insights on other sanctions measures where Canada and the U.S. are starting to diverge or conflict
- Best practices for staying in step with Canadian and U.S. sanctions landscapes from secondary sanctions to trade controls