George Reid helps clients all over the world navigate complex international trade rules to succeed in business and to maximize their competitive advantage.
His clients range from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies and he has experience in a variety of sectors: automotive, aerospace, mines and minerals, oil and gas, pharma, professional services, retail, heavy equipment, medical devices, agri-food, nuclear, and cannabis.
George's practice covers the full range of Canadian import and export, laws, regulations and policy and related international trade treaties:
- Trade Remedy Defence: anti-dumping/countervailing duty, safeguard measures, retaliatory tariffs
- Government Communications, Procurement & Security: procurement dispute resolution, security clearance registration, access to information requests, lobbying registration compliance
- Customs & Trade: free trade agreements, audits/verifications, voluntary disclosures, GST/HST, commercial/transfer pricing agreements
- Internal Investigations & Preventative Compliance: foreign anti-corruption, economic sanctions, export controls and controlled goods
- Product/Services Regulatory advice: cannabis/CBD import/export, medical devices, PPE (gloves/masks), consumer products, food and feed
"George Reid has been very helpful for us. He has been responsive and provided us with practical advice based on his deep understanding and experience of trade cases."
George's practice is multi-disciplinary. In his areas of expertise, he advises on M&A transactions, and structures international transactions for the sale of goods and services. As an advocate, George appears before the Federal Courts, the Canadian International Trade Tribunal, the Canada Border Services Agency and other Federal regulatory bodies.