Bennett Jones advised Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited in the refinancing of its corporate debt in a US$1.25-billion transaction. This includes the refinancing of Gateway's entire Capital Structure and repayment of the full C$200 million that was outstanding on the company's Large Employer Emergency Financing Facility (LEEFF) loan facility.
Gateway re-opened its operations in July 2021 in British Columbia and Ontario following an extended period of closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Bennett Jones team that advised Gateway on the transaction included:
- Christian Gauthier, Jessica Thrower and Maxime Doyle (Corporate)
- Simon Grant, Oliver Loxley, Adam Taylor and Mark Powell (Financial Services)
- Craig Garbe (Gaming Regulator)
- Aleksandra Finelli, Natalia Iamundo, Mark Lewis, Michelle Yung and Ron Barron (Real Estate)
- Thomas Bauer, Hennadiy Kutsenko and Nicholas Arrigo (Tax)
- Sébastien Gittens and Melissa Dimilta (Intellectual Property)
- Sarah Gilbert (Environmental)