Based in Vancouver and Toronto, Oliver Loxley's practice focuses on debt and equity capital markets, securities law matters and various other forms of corporate finance. He represents issuers, underwriters, financial sponsors, lenders and investors in domestic and international transactions. In recent years, Oliver has advised on numerous initial public offerings, high yield debt issuances and convertible notes transactions for prominent companies, investment banks and private equity firms, often with a significant cross-border component. He also regularly acts on restructurings, liability management transactions, mergers and acquisitions and other strategic matters.
Examples of Oliver's experience include:
- Initial purchasers of airline's C$850,000,000 secured high yield notes offering.
- Initial purchasers of satellite company's US$150,000,000 high yield notes offering.
- Borrower in its US$400,000,000 credit agreement with alternative lenders.
- Parkland Fuel as issuer of US$500,000,000 of high yield notes.
- The Watermill Group in the financing of its acquisition of Weston Forest Products Inc.
- Satellite company as issuer of US$500,000,000 of secured high yield notes.
- Mining company in its US$250,000,000 cross-border offering of convertible notes.
- Underwriters of automotive company's US$2,875,000,000 convertible notes offering.
Prior to joining Bennett Jones, Oliver practised at a leading international law firm based in New York.