Jessica Horwitz speaks at the Ontario Bar Association's International Law Program's panel on CUSMA: A Look at Key Features of the New Agreement.
The panel will engage in a wide-ranging discussion on CUSMA, including:
- changes to the agreement’s dispute settlement provisions, including state-state dispute settlement, investor-state dispute settlement, and dispute settlement under CUSMA’s Trade Remedies chapter;
- an overview of the new Rapid-Response Labour Mechanism for the enforcement of labour rights;
- changes to Market Access and Rules of Origin chapters, and how these changes affect certain industries;
- overview of CUSMA’s new chapter on Good Regulatory Practices, and how these new requirements affect commercial interests and consumers; and
- discussion and overview of the agreement's new chapter on Digital Trade.