Jessica Horwitz speaks at the ICPA Summer Conference 2022 in the "Update on Canadian Trade Issues" and "Ask the Legal Eagles" sessions.
In the "Update on Canadian Trade Issues" session, Jessica provides an update on the latest issues of interest facing Canadian importers and exporters, legal changes coming through the pipeline and pitfalls to avoid. She includes:
- customs valuation jurisprudence developments and proposed legislative amendments;
- Russia/Ukraine economic sanctions;
- forced labour import ban enforcement and proposed legislation;
- trade remedy trends and legislative changes;
- updates on the new CARM online customs portal; and
- recent free trade agreement disputes and issues.
In the "Ask the Legal Eagles," Jessica joins a panel of lawyers in an interactive Q&A session.