Bennett Jones is acting for Decarbonization Plus Acquisition Corporation IV (DCRD), a special purpose acquisition company, in its C$1.39 billion business combination with Hammerhead Resources Inc., a Calgary-based energy company. Upon closing of the transaction, the combined company is be listed on the Nasdaq. Highlights of the deal include:
- Transaction to form a publicly traded upstream oil and gas company with a path toward achieving net zero emissions on a Scope 1 and Scope 2 basis by 2030.
- Combined company to advance its differentiated carbon capture and sequestration (CCS) program in an effort to create value for all stakeholders.
- Combined company's assets to include a large consolidated block of acreage in the prolific Montney trend in Western Canada, spanning over 110,000 net acres in Alberta.
More details are available in DCRD's news release.
Bennett Jones' deal team was led by John Mercury and John Lawless (Corporate/M&A) and included:
- Darcy Moch, Marshall Haughey and Taylor Page (Tax)
- Jon Truswell, Duncan D'Arcy, Nick Emter, Adam Weryha, Alyssa Kim, Tamara Mitterer, Xaverie MacLennan and Dayo Ogunyemi (Corporate/M&A/Securities)
- Kevin Myson and Megan Ollivier (Corporate/Energy)
- John Gilmore and Matt Riskin (Employment)
- Susan Seller (Pensions/Benefits)
- Kees De Ridder (Intellectual Property)
- Beth Riley and Adam Kalbfleisch (Competition/Investment Canada)
- Michael Ramsey (Real Estate)
- Mark Powell (Corporate/Derivatives)
- Simon Foxcroft (OHS)
- Keely Cameron, Thomas Machell and Erin Anderson (Environmental)