Simon Grant, Kwang Lim and Matthew Peters author the Canada chapter in Global Legal Insights' Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Regulation 2022.
Similar to the 2020 chapter, they provide a detailed look at the regulatory landscape in Canada, including:
- Government attitude and definition
- Cryptocurrency regulation
- Sales regulation
- Money transmission laws and anti-money laundering requirements
- Promotion and testing
- Ownership and licensing requirements
- Border restrictions and declaration
- Reporting requirements
- Estate planning and testament succession
In the fourth edition publication of Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Regulation, a group of leaders in law analyze and explain the state of regulation in the blockchain and cryptocurrency sector. This edition was dedicated to assisting counsel with the newfound challenge of regulatory clarity in the digital assets (or crypto) space.Reproduced with permission. This article was first published in Global Legal Insights: Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Laws and Regulations 2022 | Canada (Published: October 2021). For further information please visit https://www.globallegalinsights.com/practice-areas/blockchain-laws-and-regulations/canada.