Sara Parchello, Carl Cunningham and Susan Seller spoke on Employee Relations and Reputation Management During the COVID-19 Pandemic in a two-part webinar series co-presented with Teneo.
In the first of the series, they provided their insights and took questions on:
- employee related cost-reduction measures;
- constructive dismissal risks and analysis;
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy and other relief programs to assist employers; and
- managing corporate reputation amidst employee cost-reduction measures.
In the second of the series, they provided their insights and took questions on:
- cost-reduction measures/issues, including layoff versus furlough, salary reductions, pension and benefit reductions and treatment of benefits during layoffs;
- special considerations for dealing with unionized employees;
- effectively communicating hope without making promises during a crisis; and
- adapting and growing in the post-pandemic world once business returns to 'business as usual'.