Bennett Jones advised Catalyst Paper, who was the Gold Winner for the Insolvency & Restructuring Deal of the Year at the inaugural annual Canadian Law Awards. The virtual awards ceremony recognized the nation’s leading law firms, in-house legal teams, individuals and landmark deals over the past year.
Bennett Jones also acted for award finalists who were recognized as Excellence Award Recipients:
Capital Markets Deal of the Year
- Katanga Rights Offering
Infrastructure & Projects Deal of the Year
- TD Greystone, IST3 Infrastruktur and Seven Indigenous Communities Acquire Alberta PowerLine
M&A Deal of the Year
- Canadian Natural Acquires Devon Canada Assets
- First Air and Canadian North Merge
- Osisko Mining Reverse Takeover of Chantrell Ventures
Class Action Team of the Year
- Das v. George Weston Limited
The 2020 Canadian Law Awards was presented by Lexpert and supported by Canadian Lawyer and InHouse.