Joshua's practice focuses on the financial restructuring of distressed companies in formal proceedings under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and Canada Business Corporations Act.
In addition to acting as counsel for distressed companies, Joshua has acted for court-appointed monitors, receivers and proposal trustees in a variety of insolvency proceedings. His recent public engagements include the following:
Proceedings Under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act
- Counsel to the applicant in Re PharmHouse Inc.
- Counsel to the applicants in Re Trichome Financial Corp. et al.
- Counsel to the applicants in Re Clearbeach Resources Inc. and Forbes Resources Corp.
- Counsel to the court-appointed monitor in Re McEwan Enterprises Inc.
- Counsel to the court-appointed monitor in Re BBB Canada Ltd. and Bed Bath & Beyond Canada L.P.
- Counsel to the court-appointed monitor in Re Guardian Financial Corp. et al.
- Counsel to the ad hoc term loan B lenders in Re LoyaltyOne, Co. (dba Air Miles ®).
Proceedings Under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Counsel to the debtor in Re Allied Track Services Inc.
- Counsel to the debtor in Re Digitcom Telecommunications Inc.
- Counsel to the proposal trustee in Re RGN Ontario XXXIV Limited Partnership and Re RGN Ontario II Limited Partnership.
- Counsel to the proposal trustee and court-appointed receiver in Re Tradesmen Enterprises Limited Partnership and Tradesmen Enterprises Inc.
- Counsel to the Court-appointed Receiver in Re Sunrise Acquisitions (Hwy 7) Inc.
Proceedings Under the Canada Business Corporations Act
- Counsel to the applicants in Re Stone Investment Group Limited et al.
- Counsel to the applicants in Re Stoneway Capital Corporation et al.
Prior to joining Bennett Jones as an associate, Joshua summered and articled with the firm.