Darcy Moch is co-chair of the firm's tax and estates department. His practice focuses on the income tax aspects of corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, takeovers, debt and asset-based financings, the formation and capitalization of income funds, partnerships and other flow-through vehicles, and cross-border financing and leasing transactions.
Recognized as "an excellent tax lawyer" in Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business, his practice also includes personal tax planning, wealth and succession planning, residency matters, foreign tax planning for Canadian residents and structuring investments into Canada for non-residents.
Darcy frequently speaks on tax-related topics at local, national and international conferences. He is the past-Chair of the National Taxation Section of the Canadian Bar Association and past Co-Chair of the CBA-CICA Joint Committee on Taxation. Darcy served on the Canadian Tax Foundation's board of governors and is a past director and president of the Canadian Petroleum Tax Society.
He is involved in a variety of community organizations and is a past director and chair of the Alberta Children's Hospital Foundation.
Darcy is recognized as a leading tax lawyer in a number of national and international publications, including:
- Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada
- Best Lawyers in Canada
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
- PLC Which Lawyer
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Tervita Corporation, in connection with completing a $3.6 billion recapitalization transaction under the CBCA. Read more
- TriWest Capital Partners Invests in Trimlite Mfg Inc. Read more
- Bennett Jones advises Kissner Holdings LP on its $400,000,000 Notes Offering and Related Refinancing Transactions. Read more
Darcy D. Moch, received a BV Distinguished Peer Review Rating
2017, Chambers Canada
Darcy D. Moch, ranked, Tax
2017, The Legal 500 Canada
Darcy D. Moch, recognized as a leading tax lawyer
News & Speaking Engagements