The Municipal & Planning Law team is comprised of lawyers and business advisors with deeply rooted relationships with municipal administrations, councilors and provincial regulators across Canada. These relationships combined with focused expertise help clients navigate the complexities of regulations and municipal approval processes.
We represent all major participants, including public and private sector entities, land owners, developers, corporations, non-profits, charities, hospitals, educational facilities, and institutional clients in municipal and planning matters.
We assist with:
- Applications for development permits
- Subdivisions of land
- Drafting and interpreting agreements specific to planning, such as easements, right of ways, parking, waste and recycling, restrictive covenants, strata (easements, covenants and restrictions (ECR)), utilities, etc.
- Land use bylaws
- Statutory plans
- Zoning applications
- Public hearings
- Sign by-laws
- Permitting and analyzing new sites for development
- Responding to neighbouring development applications
- Defending the enforcement of planning rules and regulations