Bennett Jones' latest Business Law Talks podcast episode looks at how new infrastructure projects will be an important part of Canada's recovery from the COVID-19 crisis—and that many will be situated on the path of reconciliation with Indigenous peoples.
Serge Dupont hosts this discussion with Will Osler and Sharon Singh, on what the evolving legal, policy and business environments mean for engagement with Indigenous communities on investment in infrastructure projects in Canada. Topics include:
- What has changed most meaningfully over the past 3-5 years?
- Are business developments and the law evolving together, or are they not in step?
- How business engagement with Indigenous communities has changed in recent years.
- Examples of success in partnerships between Indigenous communities and businesses.
- What happens when an Indigenous community wants to participate in a project, but doesn't have the capital at the beginning of the process?
- What are steps to take for the best chances of success in building infrastructure projects with Indigenous engagement?