Hugh MacKinnon, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Bennett Jones states, "this is a remarkable honour for the firm and a testament to the exceptional commitment of our staff and lawyers to our clients and to each other. Our people walk the talk."
The firm's position as a "Best Employer" has improved consistently, from 34th place in 2003 to fourth place in 2006 and 2007. Today Bennett Jones is home to more than 920 staff and lawyers in four offices across Canada – Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto and Ottawa, which will formally open in new office space overlooking Parliament Hill in early 2009.
Daryl Refvik, the firm's National Human Resources Director, also believes that the people and culture are what truly differentiate Bennett Jones. "Many places can speak about great work culture, but our people live it and demonstrate it every day by sharing and instilling values that have helped make Bennett Jones one of the top law firms in Canada and one of the best places to work."
About the Best Employers List
The “50 Best Employers in Canada” ranking is based on information collected from more employees, business leaders and human resource professionals than any competing list. Each organization's overall score is based on a survey of employees, which accounts for 70 percent of the organization's overall score and the status of being named of the “50 Best.” The remaining 30 percent is based on a comprehensive human resources survey and leadership team survey for top executives. The results are then calculated to determine how closely the employees' and leaders' goals are aligned and whether practices and programs reinforce the visions.
About Bennett Jones LLP
Bennett Jones is a leading business law firm founded and focused on principles of professional excellence, integrity, respect, and independent thought. Our firm's leadership position is reflected in the law we practice, the groundbreaking work we do, the client relationships we have, and the quality of our people.