TORONTO – Bennett Jones announced today that it has signed on as the presenting sponsor for the University of Toronto's BizSkule speakers series.
BizSkule is the premier speaker series of U of T's Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering. The BizSkule event series showcases engineers in business and entrepreneurship through keynote speakers and industry panels. Sponsors of BizSkule gain access to ambitious, business-savvy alumni at all stages of career development.
BizSkule typically attracts 70-100 alumni and guests per event with a minimum three events planned for the 2013-2014 academic year, including a stop in California. As Presenting Sponsor, Bennett Jones will host a BizSkule event in their Toronto offices.
"This sponsorship gives Bennett Jones valued access to business-minded engineers", says Claire Kennedy, a Partner in the Bennett Jones Corporate Tax Group and a past President of U of T's Engineering Alumni Association, founder and Chair of its BizSkule committee and member of Governing Council. "The participants range from ambitious early-career alumni and start-up entrepreneurs to C-suite executives, representing thought leaders across an array of industries," she adds.
Recent BizSkule speakers have included:
- Nick Di Donato, CEO of Liberty Entertainment Group
- Paul Godfrey, President & CEO of Postmedia
- David Harquail, CEO & President of Franco-Nevada
- Nickolas Lim, Vice President of Brookfield Investment Management
- Steve Mirkopoulos, President & Co-Founder of Cinespace Studios
- Dan Rosen, CEO & Co-founder of R2 Financial Technologies
- Som Seif, Founder of Claymore Investments, CEO of Purpose Investments Inc.
- Michael Serbinis, Founder & CEO of Kobo
- Erol Uzumeri, Co-founder of Searchlight Capital
About Bennett Jones
Bennett Jones is one of Canada's premier business law firms and home to more than 380 lawyers and business advisors across nine offices. With exceptional experience in complex cross-border and international transactions, Bennett Jones is well equipped to advise foreign businesses and investors with Canadian ventures, and to connect Canadian businesses and investors with opportunities around the world.