October 15, 2020
The Canadian-United States-Mexico Agreement (USMCA, CUSMA, T-Mec or "New NAFTA") came into force on July 1, 2020, and has wide-reaching implications for North American trade.
Bennett Jones and Chevez Ruiz Zamarripa hosted a special webinar roundtable focused on understanding the USMCA and its impact from Canadian and Mexican perspectives, including new corporate compliance obligations and areas of risk.
- overview of the political climate between Canada and Mexico and of each country with respect to the United States;
- trade and customs developments;
- new anti-corruption provisions and changes to Mexico's anti-corruption laws;
- new labour rights protection mechanisms; and
- interaction between the USMCA and the CPTPP.
If you have any questions, please contact the events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.