Sean Zweig is a partner in the Bankruptcy and Restructuring Group in Toronto. He acts for insolvent corporations, creditors, bondholders, shareholders, trustees in bankruptcy, monitors, receivers and landlords in a variety of domestic and cross-border matters under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act, the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and the Canada Business Corporations Act.
Sean's recent public engagements include:
- Counsel to the plan sponsors in Tervita Corporation.
- Counsel to the first lien lender in Postmedia.
- Counsel to the debtors in Argent Energy.
- Counsel to the proposal trustee in Danier Leather Inc.
- Counsel to the First Lien lenders in Nelson Education Ltd.
- Counsel to the court-appointed receiver in First Nickel Inc.
- Counsel to Noront Resources Ltd. in connection with its acquisition of Cliffs Chromite Properties in the Ring of Fire.
- Counsel to the monitor in U.S. Steel Canada.
- Counsel to the first lien agent in Connacher Oil and Gas.
- Counsel to the secured noteholders in Essar Steel Algoma.
- Counsel to the largest landlord in Target Canada.
- Counsel to the second secured lender in Bombay, Bowring & Benix.
- Counsel to the note indenture trustee in Jaguar Mining, Ivanhoe Energy, and San Gold.
- Counsel to the debtors in Lone Pine Resources.
- Counsel to the secured lenders and DIP lenders in LightSquared.
- Counsel to the debtors in Tamerlane Ventures.
- Counsel to the noteholders in SkyLink Aviation.
- Counsel to the noteholders in Yellow Media.
- Counsel to the debtor in Sino-Forest.
- Counsel to the noteholders in OPTI Canada.
- Counsel to the bondholders in Nortel Networks.
- Counsel to the noteholders and the restructured debtor in Gateway Casinos.
- Canadian counsel to the official committee in Smurfit-Stone.
- Canadian counsel to the official committee in AbitibiBowater.
- Canadian counsel to the official committee in Cooper-Standard Automotive.
Sean was named as one of two "Associates to Watch" by Chambers in the area of restructuring/insolvency in both 2015 and 2016.
Sean received his B.A. from the University of Western Ontario and M.B.A. and LL.B degrees from the Joint Program at York University (the Schulich School of Business and Osgoode Hall Law School).