Ian Reynolds advises corporations, private equity firms, and private family "offices, enterprises and investment funds" on strategic planning, risk management, multi-jurisdiction mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, corporate reorganizations, corporate governance planning and structuring, and diverse financing arrangements including equity, debt, mezzanine, subordinated debt and quasi-equity transactions. Ian is recognized as one of Canada's leading lawyers in The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory in 2015, 2016, 2018 and 2019, the Lexpert Guide to the Leading U.S./Canada Corporate Lawyers in Canada in 2016 and 2017, the Lexpert Special Edition - Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers in 2018 and the Lexpert Special Edition - Canada's Leading Finance and M&A Lawyers in 2021.
His professional experience is augmented by ongoing professional and leadership development. Ian has completed the Canadian Securities Course offered by the Canadian Securities Institute and the Directors Education Program jointly conducted by the Institute of Corporate Directors and the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto. He has received the Institute-certified Director qualification (ICD.D) from the Institute of Corporate Directors. He is also a member of the Association for Corporate Growth, the Canadian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association, the Mergers and Acquisitions Group, Business Financing Group and Corporate Governance Group of the American Bar Association.
Over the past 20 years, Ian has offered his legal and business acumen to leadership roles in the public and private sectors. Ian is currently on the following Boards and Committees:
- Member of the Board of Advisors of Hi-Kalibre Equipment Ltd. (http://www.hikalibre.com/)
- Member of the Board of Directors of Fort Edmonton Management Company (https://www.fortedmontonpark.ca/)
- Member of the Board of Trustees of The Stollery Children's Hospital Foundation (www.stollerykids.com)
- Member of the Board of Directors of John Cameron Changing Lives Foundation (https://www.johncameron.com)
- Founding Mentor of the University of Alberta Venture Mentoring Service