Matthew Flynn speaks at the European American Chamber of Commerce New York webinar, Dealing with Digital Assets: Business Realities vs. Knowns & Unknowns.
The panel discusses the most important issues investors and businesses need to be aware of incl. the role of the digital asset intermediaries to create confidence on the market. They look into the future to elaborate on the chances for digital currencies to once become the ultimate medium of exchange.
Agenda items include:
I. Setting the Stage
- What are digital assets - introduction to the underlying technology
- DeFi (Decentralized Finance) movement – what you need to know
II. The Regulatory Angle
- Preview of upcoming EU MiCA Regulation (Markets in Crypto Assets) vs. US Executive Order on Ensuring Responsible Development of Digital Assets
- EU, Canada & U.S. regulatory issues vs. local laws in EU Member states, Canadian provinces and US States
- Digital assets are investment (U.S.) or financial instruments (EU)?
- Jurisdiction of courts, who can enforce what, where?
III. Issue Spotting – Real Time Examples
- Property & ownership of digital assets – incl. a new disruptor in the market (NFTs)
- Transaction documentation and & anonymity issues
- Consumer and investor protection
- Security (safety) in commercial transactions
- Digital asset insurance
IV. What Happens When Things Go Wrong?
- Remedies if something goes wrong
- Traceability: Solving the anonymity issue can drive mass adoption?
V. Last Word/Looking Ahead
- Can digital currencies ever be the ultimate medium of exchange?
Register on the European American Chamber of Commerce New York website.