Members of Bennett Jones' Employment Services team hosted the firm's annual employment breakfast seminar at the offices of Bennett Jones Toronto. Susan Seller, Carl Cunningham and Ranjan Agarwal presented.
Topics presented at this year's event were:
- Employer Friendly Decisions from the Last Year and What they Mean for Your Business!
- Honda vs. Keays - Higher Standard for Punitive Damages
- RBC - Obligations on Departing Employees
- Hydro-Quebec - Impossibility is NOT the standard for accommodation
- Wronko and its Impact on Reducing Labour Costs
- Review of this important Court of Appeal decision on changing terms of employment
- Can you unilaterally change terms if you give sufficient notice?
- Effective Cost Reduction Strategies
- Documenting and Communicating the Benefit Promise: How to Avoid Costly Claims
- Recent case law on contract, negligent misrepresentation, and vested rights
- Do employers have a fiduciary duty when communicating benefit information?
- Dealing with benefits during disability and other leaves of absence
- Revisiting the Duty to Accommodate Religious Leaves: The New Flexible Approach
- What is the employer's duty to accommodate?
- What are the employee's obligations to cooperate in the accommodation?
- How can employers minimize the risk of a complaint to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario?
For information on this seminar, or to obtain a copy of our seminar materials, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org