TORONTO - Mark Laugesen, a partner in the Bennett Jones Bankruptcy and Restructuring Group, has led a team in drafting key content for the Lexis Practice Advisor for Canadian Insolvency & Restructuring, materials which, according to LexisNexis, were "developed by leading insolvency and restructuring lawyers to improve workflow, accuracy, and efficiency for their peers working within Canadian insolvency law."
Bennett Jones joins an impressive list of contributors described by LexisNexis as, "world-class firms that are providing content specifically designed for lawyers who engage in transactional matters."
"We are honoured to be included on this list of highly respected law firms, and are very proud of this exciting new tool for practitioners", says Laugesen.
The Bennett Jones submissions include:
- The Treatment of Subleases in Bankruptcy
- Guide to Dealing with the Bankruptcy of a Tenant
- Landlord's Rights Upon a Tenant's Bankruptcy
- Transfer at Undervalue under the BIA — Section 96
- Procedural Guide for Challenging Preferences and Transfers at Undervalue
- Fraudulent Preferences under Provincial Legislation
- An Overview of Intellectual Property in Bankruptcy
- The BIA Preferences Provisions — Section 95
- Rights of Intellectual Property Licensors and Licensees in Bankruptcy
Laugesen has experience in all manner of domestic and cross-border commercial restructuring and insolvency matters and is regularly retained to act for restructuring debtor companies, secured and unsecured creditors, bankruptcy trustees, private and court-appointed receivers, CCAA monitors, proposal trustees, and other clients. He was joined by Associate, Karma Dolkar and Articling Student, Danish Afroz in the writing of the material.
About Bennett Jones
Bennett Jones is one of Canada's premier business law firms, and home to more than 380 lawyers and business advisors in eight offices globally. With exceptional experience in complex cross-border and international transactions, Bennett Jones is well equipped to advise foreign businesses and investors with Canadian ventures, and to connect Canadian businesses and investors with opportunities around the world.