The Association of Caribbean Corporate Counsel's 5th Annual Caribbean & Latin American Corporate Counsel Summit in Miami will provide two days of presentations on topics of focused interest to corporate counsel, provided by some of Latin America's and the Caribbean's leading attorneys. This year's conference will provide excellent networking, business development and professional development opportunities into the Latin American and Caribbean markets. Keynote speakers at this year's summit include the attorney generals from each of Bermuda and Bahamas.
Lawyers from around the world attend the ACCC’s annual conference to stay current on the latest developments affecting the corporate counsel profession, pursue continuing legal education, meet and learn from other in-house counsel, and identify potential law firm and legal service partners.
Legal industry thought leaders present relevant and timely sessions at the ACCC’s annual conference. Experienced practitioners speak on a wide range of topics as they share their valuable insights with the in-house legal community.
- FATCA and the LAC market
- Career paths for the LAC in-house attorney
- Protecting attorney-client privilege across borders
- Cybersecurity software and IT licensing contracts
- Managing your intellectual property portfolio
- Social media law latest trends
- Negotiation skills and techniques
- Latest trends in contract drafting—preventing litigation managing a cross-border reduction in work force
- Dispute resolution mechanisms available regionally vs internationally
- Latin America Panel (Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, and Panama): navigating the changing regulatory landscape due to political changes
- Corporate immigration changes in United States—new developments in hiring U.S. workers or hiring visa employees in the United States
- Latest cost management technologies for in-house counsel Increasing exposure to cybersecurity
- How will artificial intelligence I and automation affect the LAC market
- Interactive panel with board advisory and in-house counsel—lessons for external legal advisors