Patrick Coones has a broad litigation practice with a focus on commercial litigation and health law. Before joining Bennett Jones, Patrick practised in the litigation group at an international law firm.
Patrick is involved in the Canadian Bar Association, currently serving as an Executive of the Civil Litigation section. He was also a sessional lecturer at MacEwan University’s School of Business in the Department of International Business, Marketing, Strategy and Law.
Patrick obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta Faculty of Law in 2018. During his time at the Faculty of Law, he worked for Student Legal Services of Edmonton (SLS) and Pro Bono Students Canada (PBSC). He served on the Executive Committee of SLS in 2017 as the PBSC Project Coordinator and was appointed to serve on the Board of Directors for SLS in 2022.
Having grown up in Edmonton’s French Quarter, Patrick is also fully bilingual and welcomes French-speaking clients.
- Emery Jamieson LLP Award, University of Alberta, 2018
- Genevieve Veale Memorial Award, University of Alberta, 2018
- PBLA Pro Bono Champions of the Future Award, 2017
Activities and Affiliations
- Member of the Executive for the Civil Litigation Section, Canadian Bar Association – Alberta Branch
- ECLC – Summary Legal Advice Clinic Volunteer and Seminar Presenter
- Board of Directors, Student Legal Services of Edmonton