Jesse Mighton assists clients with complex cross-border restructuring and other insolvency and out of court restructuring matters.
Prior to joining Bennett Jones, Jesse was a Vice President with CentreCourt Developments Inc., where he provided strategic advice across the full residential real estate development lifecycle, with particular focus on site acquisitions, joint venture structuring and governance, finance, and a range of operational issues.
Previously, Jesse practiced restructuring and insolvency law with two leading Canadian firms. He was involved in a number of high-profile, cross-border restructuring and insolvency matters and advised a range of clients in distressed situations, including debtor companies, court officers, secured and unsecured creditor groups and other stakeholders.
Jesse is a member of the board of directors of the Regent Park School of Music, a not-for-profit corporation providing extracurricular music programming to at-risk youth across the Greater Toronto Area.
Jesse's recent public engagements include:
- Counsel to the debtors in UrtheCast Corp.
- Counsel to the debtors in Allied Track Services Inc.
- Counsel to the court-appointed receiver in Emerald Lodge
- Counsel to the senior secured lender in King Street Restaurant Group
- Counsel to the debtor in GFA World
- Counsel to the noteholders in Nabis Holdings Inc.
- Counsel to a critical supplier in Atis Group