Brent Kraus focuses on public and private mergers and acquisitions and capital market transactions, as well as corporate governance and shareholder activism. Brent acts for:
- both internationally and domestically based strategic acquirors and financial investors in connection with the acquisition or disposition of Canadian businesses;
- local management teams in the connection with the formation and ongoing capital raising needs of junior to mid-size entities;
- investment dealers in connection with public and private financings and financial advisory services; and
- ongoing compliance and governance advice for public entities.
Brent is a member of the Board of Directors of the Association for the Rehabilitation of the Brain Injured (ARBI) and is Corporate Secretary for several private companies.
Prior to joining Bennett Jones, he served as law clerk to Mr. Justice J.C. Major at the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Canadian Natural Resources Limited in connection with completing C$12.74-billion acquisition of a 70 percent working interest in the Athabasca Oil Sands Project and other oil sands assets. Read more
- Marquee Energy Ltd., in connection with its business combination with Alberta Oilsands Inc. by way of court-approved plan of arrangement. Read more
- DirectCash Payments Inc., in connection with US$460 million acquisition by Cardtronics plc Read more
Lexpert/Report on Business Special Edition - Canada's Leading Energy Lawyers
Recognized as a leading energy lawyer in Canada
2017, The Legal 500 Canada
Recommended, Capital Markets
2017, The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Repeatedly recommended, Corporate Finance & Securities
News & Speaking Engagements