Kevin Zych is co-head of the Restructuring and Insolvency Practice Group in Toronto. His practice focuses on private loan workouts and judicially supervised restructurings under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act and the Canada Business Corporations Act, including related litigation, with an emphasis on cross-border restructuring.
Kevin's public engagements include:
For Lenders: Tervita Corporation; Lightstream Resources; Connacher Oil and Gas; Twin Butte Resources; Nelson Education; OPTI Canada Inc.; Nortel; Trident Exploration Corp.; Ainsworth Lumber Co., Ltd.; Yellow Media; Stelco; Doman Industries Limited; Ivaco; Parmalat Canada; Pioneer Companies; AT&T Canada Inc.; Teleglobe; Laidlaw Inc.
For Borrowers: Sanjel Corporation; Quicksilver Resources Canada Inc.; Lone Pine Resources; Sino-Forest Corporation; Hollinger Canadian Publishing Holdings; Pillowtex Corporation; General Chemical Industrial Products.
For Estate Fiduciaries: U. S. Steel Canada Inc.; CHC Helicopter; Smurfit-Stone; Québecor World; AbitibiBowater; Dura Automotive; Progressive Molded Products; TerreStar Networks; Cooper-Standard Automotive.
Kevin is recognized as a leading lawyer in a number of national and international publications on lawyers, including the following:
- Who's Who Legal: Restructuring & Insolvency;
- Woodward White's The Best Lawyers in Canada;
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory;
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business;
- Who's Who Legal: The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers; and
- IFLR 1000: The Guide To The World's Leading Financial Law Firms.