Radha Curpen will speak on ESG and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) on a panel of leading lawyers at the annual CCCA National Conference as part of the closing panel, Back to Work Does Not Mean Back to Normal.
The panel will discuss how a year of uncertainty can pave the way to something better than normal and what will—and what should—our working lives look like in the wake of social justice movements and the global pandemic. Radha will speak on:
- the rapid growth in interest in ESG—driven primarily by social and environmental factors;
- the increasing focus on ESG factors by all stakeholders—investors, employees, customers, regulators, etc.;
- ESG systems—identifying priority issues, being addressed at the leadership level, being incorporated into strategic business decisions and embedded within the overall culture through systems and programs;
- how ESG systems help organizations proactively respond to developing issues, such as a pandemic;
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)—a strategic and central focus of ESG systems; and
- why in-house counsel plays a key role in shaping and communicating the organization's ESG narrative.