Darrel Pearson, co-head of the International Trade Group at Bennett Jones and Marian Ladner, Managing Partner of Houston-based Ladner & Associates, present a half day symposium on customs considerations for oil and gas projects in Canada and the U.S.
Issues covered include:
- Preparing for the audit
- Classification issues (equipment-parts, other);
- Rulings unique to the oil and gas sector;
- New evidentiary proof in addition to certificates of origin;
- Pipeline issues; Cost savings through EPC contract structuring; Lightering and barge movement issues;
- HMF (U.S. inter vs. intra port movements of crude);
- Origin (tariff preferences) issues with SPIs and NAFTA claims;
- Valuation and transfer pricing;
- First sale and Canadian equivalent, returned equipment and controlled equipment and licensing.