Join Bennett Jones and our panel of expert speakers:
for a BJA substantive series course which will focus on:
- What types of Crown land will be especially targeted by future Aboriginal title cases?
- How can First Nations consent to non-Aboriginal use of proven Aboriginal title lands? What is necessary to ensure that consent provides certainty needed for resource projects?
- Will the regulation of projects on First Nation-owned lands be significantly different than current regimes governing Crown land?
- Short of proving Aboriginal title lands, how are First Nations leveraging the Tsilhqot'in decision?
- What about lands covered by Treaty 'land surrender' clauses – how is the decision relevant?
- How are governments shaping their policy and legal responses to Tsilhqot'in?
- What should governments do?.
This event is also being offered as a ON24 webinar.
Date: Wednesday, November 12th, 2014
Registration/Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m
Course: 8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Location: Bennett Jones LLP, 1 First Canadian Place, 100 King Street West,
34th Floor, Toronto ON M5X 1A4
CPD Credit Information
Total CPD: This program contains 1.5 Substantive Hours
This organization has been approved as an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content by the Law Society of Upper Canada. For more information on the session or to attend, please contact Regina Goldis at 416.777.6506 or GoldisR@bennettjones.com.