As highlighted in a recent Law Society of Upper Canada report, the legal profession is becoming increasingly diverse. In this dramatically changing environment, the ability to understand and work effectively with cultural differences is of heightened importance.
Join Bennett Jones and external facilitator:
Ritu Bhasin, People Strategist and Diversity Specialist, Bhasin Consulting Inc.
for a BJU professionalism series course focusing on inclusive practices in:
- Recruitment: assessing candidates across cultures;
- Performance management: effectively delivering formal and informal review feedback;
- Mentorship: meaningfully engaging as a mentor with culturally diverse mentees;
- Conflict resolution: managing conflict in culturally diverse environments; and
- Team building: developing effective relationships across cultures. Ritu is a People Strategist and Diversity Specialist who works with a range of organizations on diversity, leadership, inclusion and people strategies, including professional services firms, academic institutions, professional associations, and not-for-profits.
Ritu also instructs in the Executive Programs at the Rotman School of Management (University of Toronto) and is a regular contributor in the media, including her column, Work it Out, on CBC's Metro Morning radio show.
This even is also being offered as a WebEx webinar.
Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Registration and Buffet Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Course: 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Place: Bennett Jones' Toronto Office, 1 First Canadian Place, 100 King Street West, 34th floor, Toronto ON M5X 1A4
CPD Credit Information
Total CPD: 1.0 credit hours toward professionalism hours;
New Members: 1.0 credit hours
For more information on the session or to attend, please contact Regina Goldis at 416.777.6506 or GoldisR@bennettjones.com.