The Bennett Jones Employment Services Group will be holding their annual client update on current employment and pension law issues. The session is intended to provide a quick, high level overview about a number of recent matters of interest.
Please join our experienced panel:
Mary Beth Currie, Partner, Employment Services Group
Carl Cunningham, Partner, Employment Services Group
Susan G. Seller, Partner, Employment Services Group
as we discuss what is new in the last year and what you need to know about the following topics:
- Social Media - Why your business needs a Social Media Policy
- Workplace Investigations - Lessons Learned from Recent Cases
- Restrictive Covenants - Will a court ever enforce a non-compete
- Wrongful Dismissal Update - Longer notice periods for long service, non-executive employees
- Legislative Update - Upcoming AODA deadlines and proposed ESA family caregiver leave
- Pension Reform - Legislative changes in Ontario and Pooled Registered Pension Plans
- Post-Retirement Benefits - New case law on employer's ability to change
Date: Thursday, May 3, 2012
Registration/Buffet Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Course: 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Location: Bennett Jones' Toronto Office, 100 King Street West, 34th Floor, Toronto, ON M5X 1A4
CPD Credit Information
Total CPD: 1.5 credit hours towards substantive content
For more information on the session or to attend, please contact Sorcha Clifford at 416.777.6505 or CliffordS@bennettjones.com.