Join Bennett Jones and external facilitator:
Ross Guberman, Legal Writing Pro
for a BJU professionalism series course which will give you some specific tools, focusing on how to:
- Write a compelling introduction;
- Add interest to your sentences;
- Draft headings;
- Structure sections in opening briefs and in replies or oppositions;
- Integrate case law;
- Use parentheses;
- Introduce block quotes;
- Make your prose flow;
- Use examples and analogies; and
- Make fact sections more compelling and persuasive.
Date: Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Registration/Buffet Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Course: 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Place: Bennett Jones' Toronto Office, 1 First Canadian Place, 100 King Street West, 34th floor, Toronto ON M5X 1A4
CPD Credit InformationTotal CPD: 1.5 credit hours toward professionalism hours;
*Note: New lawyers may now apply any program or activity that has been accredited for 0.5 Professionalism Hours toward their annual CPD requirement.