The Annotated Alberta Employment Standards Guide, published by Carswell/Thomson Reuters, provides annotations of noteworthy court decisions interpreting the various provisions of Alberta’s Employment Standards Code. This title provides customers with access to the full text of the Code with digests of relevant cases interpreting or applying various sections of the Code. Since the previous version of this publication was finalized in May 2018, the below legislative amendments have come into force. The annotations to this revised legislation reflect the impact of these updates, as well as recent judicial interpretation.
- Statutes Amendment Act, 2018, SA 2018, c 11, given Royal Assent on June 11, 2018
- Farm Freedom and Safety Act, 2019, SA 2019, c 19, given Royal Assent on December 5, 2019
- Ensuring Fiscal Sustainability Act, 2019, SA 2019, c 18, given Royal Assent on December 5, 2019
- An Act to Make Alberta Open for Business, SA 2019, c 8, given Royal Assent on July 18, 2019
- Restoring Balance in Alberta's Workplaces Act, 2020, SA 2020, c 28, given Royal Assent on July 29, 2020
- COVID-19 Pandemic Response Statutes Amendment Act, 2020, SA 2020, c 13, given Royal Assent on June 26, 2020
This edition was authored by John Gilmore and Victoria Rudolf.