The 2020 Bennett Jones Lake Louise World Cup Business Forum will be held on November 27 as an informative and interactive virtual experience. The event will be a unique opportunity to live-stream keynote speakers while participants contribute both intellectually and socially. Due to the pandemic, the Audi FIS Ski World Cup downhill will unfortunately not be held this year.
Now in its 18th year, the Business Forum provides an exclusive opportunity to engage in an extraordinary gathering of the country’s leading executives. This year's theme is Nation Building: Canada 2.0. Keynote speakers will present their views, followed by a Q&A among speakers and participants.
"These are strange and difficult times. Along with our conventional challenges, the pandemic will recalibrate some of our fundamental beliefs and behaviours," says Perry Spitznagel, Vice-Chairman of Bennett Jones. "We will be forced to reconsider the manner in which we conduct our affairs as individuals, businesses, and governments. The impressive roster of speakers and our interactions at the Business Forum will help us address this—and move forward in a constructive way to build a better and stronger country and a brighter future."
The Business Forum speakers for 2020 will speak on four separate panels.
- David Dodge - Former Governor of the Bank of Canada
- Curtis Stange - President & CEO, ATB Financial
- Anthony Viel - CEO, Deloitte Canada
- Nancy Southern - Chair & Chief Executive Officer, ATCO Group and Executive Chair, Canadian Utilities Limited
- Alicia Dubois - CEO, Alberta Indigenous Opportunities Corporation
- Don Lindsay - President & CEO, Teck Resources Ltd.
- Ambassador Kelly Craft - Representative of the United States of America to the United Nations
- David Frum - Social & Political Commentator and Senior Editor at The Atlantic
- Premier Jason Kenney - Government of Alberta
- Brian Lee Crowley - Managing Director, Macdonald-Laurier Institute
- Ted Morton - Executive Fellow, The School of Public Policy and Professor Emeritus, Political Science, University of Calgary
- Rex Murphy - Social Commentator, Editorialist & Distinct Canadian Voice
Bennett Jones is the title sponsor of the Business Forum. Deloitte, ATB, Willow Park Wines & Spirits and Calgary Economic Development are key sponsors of the event. Find out more at https://lakelouisebusinessforum.com.
About Bennett Jones
Bennett Jones is one of Canada's premier business law firms and home to 500 lawyers and business advisors. With deep experience in complex transactions and litigation matters, the firm is well equipped to advise businesses and investors with Canadian ventures, and connect Canadian businesses and investors with opportunities around the world.