Our public and private sector procurement, supply chain, logistics and sourcing law practice helps both vendors and buyers ensure their legal compliance, prudent governance, ethical conduct and transactional efficiency. We regularly advise on the full procurement process life cycle, including in relation to procurement criteria and documents, procurement rules, all forms of requests for tender, as well as WTO, FTA and AIT (Agreement on Internal Trade) obligations that impact domestic and foreign procurement practices, and compliance with the federal Government’s Integrity Framework. We are also a leading firm on the procurement of public infrastructure.
We deliver value to clients through:
- Strategic risk mitigation – Our seasoned group advises both vendors and buyers in structuring federal and provincial bids/tenders – and in negotiating procurement contracts – to enhance opportunities for successful, non-challengeable bids.
- International expertise across industries – We have advised on domestic and cross-border procurement processes in infrastructure, public-private partnerships, technology, healthcare, oil and gas, power and renewable energy, defence, consumable goods, and services outsourcing, among others.
- Familiarity with the players – Acting for or across from most levels of government and the significant players active in these industries gives us deep insight into issues germane to process, governance, bid evaluation and disputes. Our inter-disciplinary team also includes several former high-ranking government representatives.
- Connected to best practices – We provide executive leadership and instructional services to several leading industry organizations including the Purchasing Management Association of Canada, the Canadian Council for Public Private Partnerships, and the American Bar Association Construction Law Forum.
We represent clients in all forms of dispute resolution arising from competitive procurements, including CITT complaints and inquiries, and AIT proceedings. We have advised both private bidders and public authorities in several high-profile and complex disputes involving allegations of procurement misconduct, bid non-compliance, debarment, and other challenges. One of our partners is on the roster for adjudication of procurement disputes under the AIT.
- The Government of Bermuda, as Chief Legal Advisor, in connection with the US$274-million L.F. Wade International Airport Redevelopment Project. Read more
- ATCO Ltd. in connection with the disposition of ATCO I-Tek Inc. and ATCO's Australian IT operations to affiliates of Wipro Ltd. ("Wipro") for aggregate sale proceeds of approximately $210 million.
- ATCO Ltd. in connection with the negotiation, structuring and other commercial matters relating to ATCO entering into a strategic alliance with Wipro including 10-year master service agreements governing the provision of IT services by Wipro to the ATCO Group of Companies valued at approximately $1.2 billion.
News & Speaking Engagements