Colin Perry has a business law practice focused on mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring and reorganization, and corporate finance. He works with a diverse range of clients in varying stages of development, both public and private, with principal clients that include upstream oil and gas issuers and financial sponsors. His active experience includes advising:
- buyers and targets in domestic and cross-border change of control transactions, including unsolicited offers;
- debtors and key stakeholders in restructuring and reorganization transactions;
- issuers of equity, debt and convertible securities under both public and private offerings;
- institutional investors in connection with the structuring and execution of strategic investments;
- entrepreneurs in the organization of new ventures;
- financial service firms on investment banking, advisory and regulatory compliance mandates;
- management teams and boards of directors with respect to transactional and corporate governance matters; and
- exchange-listed or other public entities in respect of ongoing compliance responsibilities.
While on secondment to the Alberta Securities Commission in late 2003 and early 2004, he worked on the development and advance of several national policy initiatives of the Canadian Securities Administrators.
Prior to joining Bennett Jones in 1999, Colin served as a law clerk to the justices of the Alberta Court of Appeal and the Alberta Court of Queen's Bench.