Sander Grieve practises public market finance and mergers and acquisitions. While Sander acts for clients in a number of industries, he focuses on global mining exploration, development and extraction.
In the finance field, he acts on behalf of issuers, underwriters and agents with respect to domestic and international securities issues. His M&A activities include engagements for a variety of vendors and purchasers, in the context of the full range of friendly and hostile mandates. His corporate retainers include advice on matters of corporate governance issues and crisis response and management.
Sander's recent recognitions include:
- Leading lawyer in Mining Law, Chambers Global: The Guide to the World's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2015
- Mining Law (Foreign Expert for Australia), Chambers Global: The Guide to the World's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2015
- Leading lawyer in Mining Law and Natural Resources Law, Best Lawyers in Canada, 2015
- Mergers and Acquisitions, IFLR 1000: Finance and Corporate Leading Lawyer, 2015
- Leading lawyer in the area of Mining, Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada, 2015
- Leading lawyer in Canada for Capital Markets, ILO Client Choice Awards, 2015
Sander is an active contributor in national, provincial and local politics, providing policy and communications advice to political leaders. He employs this knowledge in advising clients in relation to their interface with matters of public policy and government entities.
In 2009, Lexpert recognized Sander as a "Rising Star" in its Leading Lawyers Under 40 issue.
Sander is a member of the Canadian Bar Association.
- Paradigm Capital Inc. as agent in connection with the $7.3 million marketed public offering of common shares and warrants of Freegold Ventures Limited.
- Counsel to a syndicate of underwriters co-led by TD Securities Inc. and Clarus Securities Inc. in connection with a $28.75 million bought deal prospectus offering of Continental Gold Inc., completed in May 2016.
- Calico Resources Corp. in connection with its business combination with Paramount Gold Nevada Corp. pursuant to a court approved plan of arrangement.
2017, Chambers Canada
Sander A.J.R. Grieve, ranked, Energy & Natural Resources: Canada: Mining
2017, The Legal 500 Canada
Sander A.J.R. Grieve, recognized as one of Canada's leading mining lawyers
2017, Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada
Sander A.J.R. Grieve, recognized as a leading mining lawyer
News & Speaking Engagements