Thursday, April 12, 2018
A Discussion with the Government of Canada’s Former Chief NAFTA Negotiator and Former Head Trade Lawyer
Are you curious about how NAFTA is relevant to your business and the Alberta economy? Our experts will provide insight into what could happen to Alberta and Canada’s economy depending on the outcome of negotiations.
Some key points of discussion:
- What are the key issues in the NAFTA negotiations and what do they mean for Alberta?
- What are the chances that the NAFTA negotiations will succeed and what would a NAFTA 2.0 look like?
- What are the protectionist forces within the United States and how will they continue to influence U.S. trade policy?
- What would it mean if President Trump invokes the withdrawal article in NAFTA? Can he do so on his own authority? Could negotiations continue within that environment?
- What would NAFTA’s termination mean to Alberta's economy and the energy industry?
- Even if NAFTA negotiations succeed, will the marked increase in U.S. trade remedy actions against Canada in the last three years continue?
You will not want to miss this rare opportunity to listen and ask questions of these experts.