Friday, November 15, 2019
David Dodge, former Governor of the Bank of Canada, and his colleagues in our Governmental Affairs & Public Policy group present the Bennett Jones Fall 2019 Economic Outlook. They will look at the complex global backdrop against which businesses and governments will conduct their affairs in the 2020s, including:
- the lasting power of protectionism;
- how the U.S./China tariff war could bring a 'silicon curtain' across the Pacific;
- demography, lower productivity and potential growth;
- the firepower governments have (and do not have) if there is a recession;
- the fourth industrial revolution and its disruption; and
- climate change and the transforming energy industry.