Matters of national security and military preparedness are complex, dynamic and reach all aspects of the public and private sectors.
Fast changing public policy, procurement priorities, emerging threats, and appetite for strong defences create unprecedented commercial opportunities. Our experienced Defence & Security Practice Group is devoted to representing clients in the defence, technology, consulting, and security industries who provide defence, national security, and related strategic goods and services.
Bennett Jones is consistently ranked as one of Canada's foremost technology procurement law firms, with particular expertise in defence procurement (including market access, bid regulation, and effective success strategies), cybersecurity governance, supply chain & sourcing security, government contracting, and navigating Canada's unique legal and regulatory landscape concerning national security and related public policy.
Areas of practice
- Military Procurement
- National Security Policy
- Controlled Goods Program Registration and Compliance
- Government Contracts & Tendering Process
- Market Access & International Trade
- Procurement Challenges and Dispute Resolution
- Private Sector Infrastructure Security
- Employee Security: Clearances and Monitoring
- Corporate Governance: Disclosure and Risk Assessment
- Anti-Corruption Compliance and Investigations
- Supply Chain Integrity and Security Risk Management
- Secured Communications and IT
- Export Controls and Permits
- Cross-border Transactions, Tax, Customs, Immigration, Competition and National Treatment Practices