- Provide backup coverage in the absence of other assistants and overflow work including, but not limited to:
- Drafting and revising correspondence including memos, letters, documents and forms
- Preparation, filing and serving of court documents
- Administrative duties as required such as managing calendars, coordinating meetings , filing and making travel arrangements
- Organization of client files and maintaining an up-to-date file system
- Docket entry and coordination of billings
- Responsible for maintaining a positive rapport with clients
- Provide backup coverage in the absence of other assistants
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a legal assistant in litigation and corporate law
- Post-secondary education in legal administration or equivalent
- Solid computer and typing skills: proficiency in the MS Office environment, document management programs and other legal-specific technical programs
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, and able to manage multiple tasks
- Impeccable proofreading, grammar skills and attention to detail
- Service oriented, adaptable, and works well in a team environment
- Maintains professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) including the ability to deal with clients and all levels of staff
- Ability to work in a team environment
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.