The Knowledge + Information Services Department is looking for a collaborative legal technologist who can help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of business and legal services using new tools and processes. We’re looking for someone who can identify, promote and support the firm's innovative solutions, emerging trends and technologies in the industry and formulate plans for internal application and use.
- Work with some of the latest legal technologies to build prototypes and templates that solve business problems for our lawyers and clients
- Work with lawyers and other business units to develop and support legal technology solutions and workflows using current and future technologies
- Work with our IT Team and KM Lawyers to develop processes, documentation and governance models for the roll-out of new practice innovation solutions
- Support legal technology and process improvement programs and manage the day-to-day operations of new technologies being rolled-out to lawyers including communication, demos/training and first-level support
- Keep the department up to date with new functionality and updates from vendors from across our suite of practice solutions
- Assist in the development and presentation of KPIs and other metrics to track the effectiveness and ROI of new and existing legal tech efforts at the firm
- Support the legal technology issues and upgrade processes from a business perspective
- Help develop demo/training programs and ongoing resources to educate the firm about practice technology methods and processes
- Look for new ways that technology can automate or change/improve the efficiency of our legal processes
- University degree or similar in a related field
- Good understanding of professional services firms, their processes and environments
- Actively enjoy using new technologies to find efficiencies and improved value for lawyers and clients
- Remain current on trends affecting the industry and maintain awareness of legal technologies, change management and innovation
- Experience and technical ability to work with some of the newest technologies and to communicate and share that knowledge across the department
- Demonstrated willingness to continuously improve and learn from others
- Demonstrated facilitation, leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and vendor/stakeholder management
- Strong problem-solving skills and creativity
- Ability to work independently under pressure to produce high quality work
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams to meet tight deadlines
- Enjoy executing on ideas to create positive impact
- Availability to respond to urgent requests out of hours is required
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.