- Drafting documents implementing incorporations, amalgamations, continuances, amendments and other fundamental changes
- Drafting documents relating to acquisitions and corporate reorganizations
- Conducting and summarizing minute book reviews and drafting documents rectifying deficiencies
- Coordinating with lawyers/clerks in our other offices on multi-jurisdictional transactions and providing Ontario support
- General and annual corporate maintenance
- A minimum of 5 years corporate law clerk experience at major Canadian law firms (Not-for-Profit experience is an asset)
- Diploma in Law Clerk studies from an accredited Ontario college or completion of the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certification
- Experience working in a corporate database, preferably GlobalAct
- Professional and ability to interact and effectively communicate with individuals at all levels
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and be a strong team player
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Bennett Jones is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our Firm members. Effective October 1, 2021, Bennett Jones will require all Firm members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with public health guidance, prior to entering the workplace, attending a firm sponsored event, attending at a client's workplace or travelling on Firm business. Bennett Jones welcomes applications from all applicants, including applicants who may requires a specific accommodation because of a disability or another protected ground. Any applicant requiring accommodation during the application process should email the email address noted above.