- Responsible for all aspects of commercial real estate transactions and multi-residential transactions
- Conducting and reviewing title and off-title enquiries and preparing search summaries
- Preparing transaction documents including closing documents
- Preparing reporting letters and closing books
- Preparing title requisition letters and responses to title requisition letters
- Ordering and negotiating owner and lender policies of title insurance
- Preparing title opinions and detailed title memoranda
- Attending to closings
- Ability to correspond with clients and government and quasi-governmental officials in a professional manner
- Working knowledge of procedures, statutes, rules and regulations applicable to real property law
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of two years' commercial real estate law clerk experience in Canadian law firms
- Law clerk certification from a recognized program
- Significant experience in the preparation of transaction documents including security/closing documents, including real property documents (e-reg and registry)
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and be a strong team player
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Superior knowledge of commercial real estate software (Teraview, Lawyer Done Deal, etc.) and proficiency in the MS Office environment
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Bennett Jones is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our firm members. Effective October 1, 2021, Bennett Jones will require all Firm members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with public health guidance, prior to entering the workplace, attending a firm sponsored event, attending at a client's workplace or travelling on firm business. Bennett Jones welcomes applications from all applicants, including applicants who may requires a specific accommodation because of a disability or another protected ground. Any applicant requiring accommodation during the application process should contact email@example.com.