- Providing a broad range of assistance to a group of Real Estate law clerks
- Completing Off-Title Searches for Due Diligence purposes and drafting summary of responses
- Assisting clerks in drafting and re-drafting closing documents
- Drafting electronic documents in the Teraview system and obtaining parcel registers (i.e. PINs) per the clerks’ instructions
- Conducting searches for writs of executions
- General document processing and clerical work
- Entering and revising time dockets
- Maintaining an up-to-date filing system
- A variety of other tasks as assigned relating to commercial real estate transactions
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Legal Assistant in a legal real estate environment either with lawyers and/or clerks
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word 2016
- Knowledge of Excel, Outlook 2016 and Teraview
- Strong word processing skills including superior accuracy, proofreading skills and attention to detail are critical
- Highly organized and self-motivated possessing the ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- The ability to work well within a team environment is essential as is a positive work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.