Our team has been involved in the development, revitalization, maintenance and improvement of airports for more than 20 years. We have worked with governments, airlines and infrastructure investors around the world on large and complex airport infrastructure projects.
Our highly specialized legal team has expertise and experience on airport redevelopment projects where we are known for bringing creative solutions to challenging project obstacles.
Bennett Jones was one of the first law firms to advise on P3 and innovative infrastructure projects in Canada. Our team of international infrastructure lawyers is at the leading edge of current and emerging transaction models, and financing innovations involving airport projects. The team has worked extensively with all 13 airline infrastructure consortia in Canada, including 11 aviation fuel facilities consortia and two de-icing consortia. As a result, the consortium of infrastructure users can access lower cost capital and maximize control over mission critical supply chain infrastructure in a cost-controlled environment.
We advise governments and related agencies, bidding consortia, infrastructure owners and financiers regarding:
- Government relations
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) entrustment
- Social impact
- Local employment
- Airport project public relations and stakeholder communications
- Project agreements (including project documentation)
- Project finance
- Consortium owner structures
- On-airport real estate leasing
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) and Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM)
- Design Build Finance Maintain (DBFM)
- Environmental and other regulatory compliance
Experience working with both public and private sector clients enables us to understand how to bring innovative and complex projects to completion on time and on budget. Newcomers to the P3 process as well as seasoned players benefit from the specialized experience we offer as an expert legal team with proven and successful completion of infrastructure projects.