Danish Afroz practices in the areas of restructuring and insolvency, and has significant experience in Canadian and cross-border restructurings.
Danish has been involved in variety of domestic and cross-border commercial, insolvency and restructuring matters. His recent public engagements include:
- Counsel to FTI Consulting Canada Inc. in the Canadian recognition proceedings regarding Takata Corporation and TK Holdings Inc. filing for insolvency protection.
- Counsel to Board of Directors of Sears Canada Inc. in Sears' CCAA proceedings.
- Counsel to SunEdison Canada in the restructuring of its Canadian business under the CCAA.
- Counsel to the Monitor in U. S. Steel Canada Inc.'s CCAA proceeding.
- Counsel to Avenue Capital in Essar Steel Algoma Inc.'s CCAA proceeding.
- Counsel to Honeywell International Inc. in the CCAA proceeding of GuestLogix Inc.
- Counsel to the largest landlord in Target Canada's CCAA proceeding.
- Counsel to the second secured lender in Bombay, Bowring & Benix.
- Counsel to the Applicant in the Receivership proceedings of the Elementa Group Inc.
- Counsel to SecureCare Capital Corporation in its proposal proceedings.
- Counsel to 2Source Manufacturing Inc. in its receivership proceedings.
- Counsel to Schindler Elevator Corporation in the CCAA proceedings of Carillion Canada et al.
- Counsel to the Proposal Trustee in the BIA Proposal proceedings of Chieftain Metals Inc.
- Counsel to Irving Oil in the CCAA proceedings of Co-Op Atlantic et al.
- Counsel to Daco Manufacturing Ltd. in its BIA Proposal proceedings.
- Counsel to the Receiver in the receivership proceedings of Harry Snoek Limited Partnership et al.
Danish has previous work experience, in a risk management role, at TD Bank in Toronto.
Danish is a contributing author to the LexisNexis Practice Advisor Canada Insolvency & Restructuring module.