Bennett Jones (Bermuda) Ltd., established in 2014 through an association with Canadian-based law firm Bennett Jones LLP, has quickly gained a reputation for delivering world class legal services in Bermuda.
As the only North American law firm to establish in Bermuda, we are committed to bringing international clients and investment capital to Bermuda, and to growing our domestic legal practice to provide tier-one North American quality legal services in Bermuda and the Caribbean.
Our Managing Principal, Bermudian Duncan Card, a former Appleby Legal Scholar, was a senior commercial partner at Bennett Jones in Canada before establishing Bennett Jones (Bermuda) Ltd. Mr. Card has longstanding ties in Bermuda’s business and legal communities, including his corporate directorship with the former Capital G Bank for 12 years, (where he chaired that Board’s Governance Committee).
We draw on the rich history of the firm, that began more than 90 years ago with former Canadian Prime Minister R. B. Bennett (later elevated to the House of Lords), and collaborate with the more than 380 lawyers and advisors across our Canadian and international offices, to help our clients achieve their objectives, manage risk and seize opportunities.
Expertise and Results
In addition to Bennett Jones being highly regarded for our global expertise in corporate and commercial transactions, and our support to General Counsel on overflow assignments, the firm is particularly well-known for exceptional leadership in the following specialized areas:
- all forms of public sector capital, infrastructure, outsourcing, procurement, P3 or joint ventures;
- corporate governance best practices;
- cyber security, risk management and insurance contracts;
- all procurement transactions and best practices, including information technology procurement and contracts;
- Sharia law financing and insurance;
- gaming law and regulation;
- anti-money laundering laws and compliance best practices;
- consulting and advisory service transactions;
- privacy law and data protection;
- all aspects of telecommunications law and regulation (terrestrial and satellite);
- banking law and regulatory reform;
- public-sector pension administration and reform;
- healthcare law and governance; and
- all forms commercial contract drafting and negotiation.