Bennett Jones is pleased to present Professor Mike Koehler, the FCPA Professor, together with Bennett Jones Partner, Milos Barutciski, for a unique and practical learning experience. This full-day interactive course will:
- elevate your substantive knowledge of bribery and corruption laws;
- enhance your skills in identifying and responding to corruption and bribe solicitation; and
- help you adapt compliance best practices to your business.
In this dynamic workshop, our expert instructors will engage participants through video and skills exercises, realistic fact scenarios, small-group discussions and sharing of real-world experiences.
Session topics include the following:
- an element-based overview of bribery and corruption laws relevant to Canadian companies, including Canada's Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act and the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act;
- practical compliance skills to manage and minimize risk, tied to prevailing enforcement theories used by investigators and prosecutors;
- issue-spotting bribery risk through video exercises and discussions;
- understanding how fines or penalties in an enforcement action are often a relatively minor component of the overall financial consequences that can result because of many “ripple” effects; and
- conducting a risk assessment and learning how to effectively communicate compliance expectations, including by grading a code of conduct.
Thursday, October 26, 2017
8:00 a.m. | Registration
8:30 a.m. | Program
5:30 p.m. | Cocktail Reception
Bennett Jones LLP
4500 Bankers Hall East
855-2nd Street SW
If you would like to attend this event, please contact the Bennett Jones events team at 403.298.3393 or email@example.com before Monday, October 23, 2017.